Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reading


Title: Smart History

Author: Khan Academy

What: Site-http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/#


Over my whole break I was reading this site when I had time. Since a couple of months ago, I started being into art. I was searching to buy a book about all the famous artists and masterpieces and I found this site. This site is a very interesting place to search visual art and its history. I read the whole site and I would recommend it to everybody. The artist I knew a little about before, Antonio Canova, inspired me in creating my new sculpture. He created many stunning sculptures, that even his plans were put in famous art museums. Antonio Canova was an Italian artist. He knew the meaning of art, therefore, he was known for respecting every type of art. Antonio comes from a artistic family. Everybody from is family is connected with art. For example, his mother was an opera singer. It isn't talked about him a lot, but his artwork is described as very significant. He knew how to create elegant and aggressive separately at any time, but knew how to create and put these two themes together. His artwork was mainly created in Italy, but when was discovered, it was partially moved to the famous museum in Paris, Louvre, and was partially left in Italy for display. I went to Louvre for this break, and I could recognize his work, it is huge and probably took a lot of time. It is said that Antonio has more than 1000 huge sculptures and about 5000 little sculpture he made for his family and the people he loved. Antonio was a very giving person. His most famous sculpture was designed in 1804-1808. His another one of the best sculptures was the winner of "Miss Italian Art" and is called the Beauty Queen. Here are some of Antonio's work:




No comments:

Post a Comment