Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Report --Petra

A Is For Alibi

Sue Grafton


307 pages

50 pages read.



This book is about a private investigator named Kinsey Millhone, who lives in Santa Teresa. She finds herself, one day, face to face with Nikki Fife; a woman accused of killing her husband, and was sent to jail. Nikki claims to be innocent, and wants Kinsey to find out who really killed her husband, by the name of Laurence Fife. Kinsey immediately sets out on the case. She interviews people who were close to the murdered, those who are number one suspects on her list, and and anyone else who might have information, such as Charlie Scorsoni, Laurence Fife's law partner and best friend, Gwen, who was Laurence's first wife, and many more. Kinsey Millhone is one of the best around, and I think if anyone could solve the case, she could.

I'd rate this book 8/10 so far. Though I haven't come across an inappropriate part, there are some strong references, so I would only recommend it to people who are okay with reading that type of thing. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW this book sounds exciting! A little confusing but I agree about the end where you said, "Kinsey Millhone is one of the best around, and I think if anyone could solve the case, she could." Since in your review you stated pretty clear that Kinsey was the detective and that she is pretty good at detective work. I can tell because she does lots of interviews categorized by people who were near the murder and the people she suspects! Sounds like a thrilling tale!

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. Your review has made me interested in reading this book. The summary was short and concise, which I really liked. What do you think, is she innocent or guilty?

    Good Job,
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds great and it made me interested to find out who is guilty to this murder. The books sounds exciting but complicated and I am sure it would be fun to read!

    Great work!
    Saga

    ReplyDelete