Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jane Eyre #2

Tittle: Jane Eyre
Author: Charlotte Bronte
Pages: 62/682

I am still reading Jane Eyre. As, I before mentioned I was looking for something to read, and since I've been reading a lot of classics this year, I choose this book. I also, choose it because of its feminist value.


Unknown word: erect (adjective)
Definition: upright position or posture
Sentence: The first was a tall lady with dark hair, dark eyes, and a pale and large forehead; her figure was partly enveloped in a shawl, her countenance was grave, her bearing erect. (Bronte, 59)

Picture: 


            

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great blog post! I like how you wrote this blog post and your definition of your unknown word was clear and helped me understand the unknown word in your sentence.
    Good Job:)

    ReplyDelete