Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014






The book was reading this week was The Girl Who Stopped Swimming written by Joshilyn Jackson. This novel has 319 pages. This book seemed really interesting by its title. When I saw the book I wondered why did she stop swimming? I just wanted to find out more so I read it, and it also seemed like a mystery book and I love reading mystery books. 


Unknown Word: Gunmetal 
Definition: ''A gray corrosion resistant from bronze containing zinc formerly used for making cannon. ''

Example Sentence: 
'' He took tiny,  picking steps, and his nose was up, searching the air for the flag tang of gunmetal.'' 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think the author chose this title very well. It makes us wonder why she stopped swimming? Share it to us when you find out why she stopped :)

    ReplyDelete