Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Being-Kevin Brooks

Title: Being

Author: Kevin Brooks

Picture: 

# of pages read: 101

This week, I am reading "Being" by Kevin Brooks. I have read 101 pages, but the beginning sounds like a horror story to me. In the very beginning, the story starts with a boy waiting for his routine examination in the hospital. The boy's name is Robert Smith and he was not nervous for his examination. But, when the doctors snake the telescopic tube down Robert's throat, what they discover doesn't make medical sense. This was how the book started. I don't want to explain more since horrendous, bloddcurdling, things happen before robert runs away from the hospital. I chose this book since I know some other books by the same author I had read such as "Lucas", "iBoy", and a book I want to read "Martyn Pig".

Unknown word: Sedative
Page #: 10
Sentence: "The anesthetic we use is very light, not much more than a sedative, but it's often enough to render the patient unconscious."
Definiton: tending to calm or soothe.
2.
allaying irritability or excitement; assuaging pain; lowering functional activity.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sedative?s=t




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog post. You explained the beginning very well and I want to know what is going to happen next. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete