Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

The boy in the stripped pajamas



This week I have been reading a book called "The boy in the stripped Pajamas" it is by John Boyne. This book has 216 pages. I am reading a book where the setting is in world war two in Germany. This book is about a boy who is forced to move out of his house into a new house far away from his friends and school. They are forced to move because his dad works for the army and is forced to move. They move to a really nice house but it is very close to a concentration camp. The little boy does not understand what is going on and why the people are wearing blue stripped pajamas. I chose this book because I watched the movie and I really liked the movie so I got the book. The word I didn't know the meaning of is "Desolate". The sentence  I found it in is "The new house, however, stood all on its own in an empty, desolate, place and there were no other houses anywhere to be seen, which meant there would be no other families around and no other boys to play with, neither friends not trouble." (Page 11 John Boyne). The definition of the word according to wordnik.com is "adj. Devoid of inhabitants; deserted:".




1 comment:

  1. This seems like a really good book! Keep working hard! I love your unknown word! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete