Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Gathering Blue #1


The book I am reading this quarter
 is the second book from "The Giver Quartet" written by Lois Lowry. This book contains 241 pages and I read 23/241 pages (all together) this week.

 I didn't read a lot this week but the first two chapters introduced a lot of characters and a couple of conflicts. 

The book starts of with the main character, a girl named Kira, a girl with a twisted leg and her mother died just four days ago. At first, I was very confused because this book is supposed to be the second book of The Giver and it had nothing to do with The Giver at all. Kira lives in a village, (the name of the village and the "time" was not mentioned) where I personally think that people don't really care for each other. Just by reading two chapters, I can conclude that there is a very HUGE difference with the community that Kira lives in and where Jonas lives in. I already know that this is a science fiction because it is a dystopian book, just like The Giver. I can't really give examples yet because I am not that far in the book yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment