Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ugglies

Uglies
Written by: Scott Westerfeld
Number of pages: 425


     For my book report I have chosen a book called Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Since I have started reading the book, I must say that it caught my attention because the writer has put lots of details and started the book pretty clearly, by letting me know  the setting and what is going on at that moment. The beginning of chapter is developing and happening in Pretty Town. Pretty town is a town that never sleeps, full of hyperactive parties and tons of pretties. All of the action and happening in the book at this time is present, meaning that it is happening now. Here is a very descriptive part from the book that I really like. "The scudding clouds did look a bit fishy, rippled into scales by a high- altitude wind. As the light faded, deep blue gaps of night peered through like an upside-down ocean, bottomless and cold." The book is very interesting and at the moment, I am reading more of it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment