Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Book: Before I Die
Author: Jenny Downham
Pages:316


Over the last week or so I have been reading a book called Before I Die, or Bevor ich sterbe (German). I first got this book when I was small, however I never wanted to read it because it had a lot of pages with no pictures. This is book talks about the life of a 16 year old, Tessa, who has just discovered she has cancer and will soon have to die. However before dying Tessa has made a whole plan of things she still has to accomplish, for example: fall in love, try drugs, get drunk, do something forbidden, say yes to everything for a whole day etc. All this until she meets Adam, her neighbor who she never knew about, he is the first one that understands her, with Adam they get through all these times. He is a bad boy, however he is also the one who helps her and is always there. I find this book very interesting because the story is so realistic and talks about a girls life which could happen to anyone. I finished ready the book in 2 days because the beginning was very catchy and really got me interesting, at the end of the book Tessa dyes but her life story is very exciting. All the things Tessa wasn't to accomplish are things a normal teenager wants to do, some of them are stupid, others dangerous, but they seem normal to teenagers. This is probably the one of the only books that I found entertaining even thought there wasn't sport included and it talked about real life. I suggest this book for anyone who wants to read an exciting book, however the version I have is in German which not many people know.

No comments:

Post a Comment