Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Giver-Lois Lowry

Title: The Giver
Author: Lois Lowry
Picture:

 Pages read: 40 pgs.


This week I am reading "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. Even though I have read "The Giver", I am still willing to read it again because I had forgotten some chapters (I read it three years ago) and reading it again would refresh my memory. The unknown word is reprieve on page 41. Reprieve means to delay the impending punishment or sentence of. The sentence I had found it from: "He had been given an unusual and special reprieve from the committee, and granted an additional year of nurturing before his Naming and Placement." 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the word you chose and that you put in the sentence which you found it in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to hear that you read books more then once. What do you think about the book the second time you are reading it?

    ReplyDelete