Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Hunger Games

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages: 454
Date: February 24th, 2013

Currently, I am still reading The Hunger Games, my book for the 3rd quarter book project. Right now I am approximatley in the middle of the book where they have entered the arena and the games have started. This is one of the most interesting and enjoyable book I have ever read. Since I have watched the movie before, it is hard for me to imagine my own picture of the story. But since the book is so outstanding, the fact that I have already watched the movie does not stop me from wanting to read the second book! The book is about how there is 12 Districts in all and one male and one female from ages twelve to eighteen gets selected every year to participate in the Hunger Games in the Capitol. The rule of this game is to "Kill or get Killed". The last tribute to survive in the arena is the winner of the games. Katniss and Peeta are tributes of District 12.

Word: Aloof

Definition: at a distance, especially in feeling or interest

Page: 141

No comments:

Post a Comment