Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Title: Ghostgirl
Author: Tonya Hurley
Pages:328
Alex L.
This week I have started reading Ghostgirl, I am not planning on reading a lot of it because it is really boring, and because the letters and so small and then pages so long I won't even be motivated to read on. I am hoping to get a new book which will be shorter, and more fun to read. However, from what I've read, the book talks about a girl called Charlotte Usher. She wants to be one of the most popular girls in her school and she has set a plan, however, the popular twins don't like her and are realizing she is stealing their spotlight.  Eventually Charlotte chokes on a gummy bear and dies.... come on...choke on a gummy bear, really? Well anyways, now that she is dead she goes back to the school and tries to get her popularity back. I don't like this book because it is long, and the only reason why I first bought it about 3 years ago was because I liked the look of it, now I know I will never judge a book by it's cover. There are some parts that I like, for example, at every new chapter there is a picture, the title and a quote that relates to the chapter, I do enjoy reading those. One of which would be: chapter two: Dying To Be Popular,  "I was one to the world, but my dream was to be the world to one" -gg  or, chapter 24:Rest in Popularity, "And I thank you for bringing me here, for showing me home, for singing these tears, finally I've found that I belong here"- Martin L.Gore.
I would recommend this book to advanced readers because there are a lot of words, it's about a topic not everyone might find interesting and there are a lot of names to remember, however, I don't like it and I hope to find a new one soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment