Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Edith's Story
















Title: Edith's Story
By: Edith Velmans
Genre: Non- Fiction

I am reading a book about a girl called Edith, who is a Jewish girl in World War II. This book is a bit like Anne Frank, she has written in a diary so this book is Edith's diary. So far I have read a lot in the book so here is what has happend so far, Edith's grnadmother Omi has come to stay with Edith's family in Neatherlands. Where Omi use to live in Germany. Edith has a lovely mother and father, two brothers, Guss and Jules. Guss has gone to America, also she has a boy friend Adrie he is very charming. As I read through the pages with the times and dates, Edith is growing up, so the invasion has started, places are starting to say no Jews alowed, and now Edith has to wear a star. Edith has finshed high school, her mother is also in the hospital because she has a bad leg.Her brother Jules has told the family that they now want Jewish children (teens) to go to the camps. Her brother said he is going to ride a bicycle all the way to London. Adrie said that he knows some friends who are looking for a girl who can tutor there daughter, and they said they can take Edith into hiding, she is going to pretend that she is not Jewish. So Edith said goodbye to her family and headed of, her new name is Nettie.

Also at the beginning of the book when I was reading the proluge I found something so interesting and cool! When Edith after the war, married and had her twins in the hospital the other lady who is now a mother was Miep Gies! The person who helped Anne Frank and her family in hiding. This is so amazing!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that you are reading books with Jews in them. I'm very interested in diaries of Jews either, because I find it a very frightening and exciting time, the world war too. Also, I liked that you discovered that amazing fact! good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you read Hiding Edith for your book project? I think I want to read that book after you!

    ReplyDelete