Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Zov Magazine Article

I bought this really interesting magazine, called Zov. It is in Serbian, and even though I had difficulties with reading it, but I actually found it quite interesting. I read an article where the owners were having difficulties with training their dogs NOT to eat their own poop. The problem is that the dogs find that a habit, and the owners have problems with stopping it, and the vets can't find out why they are doing it for it is a bad and MESSY job. There are many guess which causes the dogs to do this, but no result is sure.
One guess is that the dog's instinct tells them do eat their poop and of other animals. Some dogs realise that their food is tastier than the poop, so they learn faster. Other dogs that learn slower get used to it, and it turns to a habit.
Other things might be that the puppy sees the mother and gets wrong ideas, but again it is up to the owners to tell their dogs not to do it.
There are ways to solve this bad habit, and that is to take the dog into a walk, and to show that it is strictly forbidden. There are ways to train the dog and show it how bad it is. What I aslo found intersting is that if the dog roles in the mud, that's something totally different.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha.....Great blog post...I love that you took a chance in being different. I love that you wrote about a magazine...And I got the message that there are many more stuff that are knowledgable not only books (even though I love books most). Excellent in my perspective....love it.....<3

    ReplyDelete