Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

This week, apart from only reading books, I've decided to look at a book about apartments. It's called SMART APARTMENTS. I got this book from my grandma, because I like architecture and I was really interested into seeing what people have done to diverse apartments and how they have designed them.There are 4 parts to the book, the 1 room apartments, 2,3 and 4 room apartments, and at the end individual objects. Also, to every apartment there is a plan of the apartment and some information of where it is located and why. There are different types of apartments all over the world, some are modern, old, big, small etc. The part I liked the most about this book was looking at how every single apartment was different, how some of them had new inventions which I never saw before, while others were regular apartments. My 2 favorite apartments were : Formal Unity and Oriental Style.
Formal Unity:

  • in Bogota, Colombia
  • Guliermo Arias Y Luis Cuartas
  • 2 room apartment
  • has a whole walk way with library
  • in the middle of the kitchen there is a fire place, in its sides there are shelves where one can put jars
  • A lot of the objects are made out of wood 
Oriental Style:
  • Honk Kong, China
  • P Tang Studio LTD
  • modern apartment
  •  The main room is divided by a golden closet which turns around, on one side there is a tv.
  • 1 guest room

Some important things to look at if you try to find an apartment,  are also the floor plans. These tell you where everything in the apartment is, the diameter, the doors and the way they open etc.

So after all, I find it interesting looking at a book with apartments instead of just books with writing, because i enjoy architecture and this book was a perfect example.

1 comment: