Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Jane Eyre

I have finished Jane Eyre, after so many weeks, but somehow I wished I hadn't. I really enjoyed reading it, because it had a romantic story behind it. I usually  like Romantic stories where people fall in love, and one can follow them throughout their relationship.
From my previous Blog where I wrote about Jane Eyre, I said that she likes Mr.Rochester. I was wrong, very wrong. She loved Mr Rochester, and love is a big word. She  loved him, and even tough he was her master, she believed him quite handsome and generous, and ended up watching him all the time, without even intending to do so. However it seemed like Mr.Rochester was going to marry someone else, a beautiful lady, who doesn't really have much importance in the story. Much to Jane's amusement, she realised that somehow although this lady was beautiful and rich lady could never make him happy.
But one day, Jane was proved because, because Mr.Rochester told her that he loved her and asked to be his wife.
 But anyway, the most important part was that Mr. Rochester loved her and she loved him and they were happy...that is until the day of the marriage came. On the occasion of their marriage, the secret of the strange voice ir revealed, and the ceremony stopped. A man who appears at the wedding tells the priest that the wedding cannot be carried out because Mr.Rochester was already married. Apparently his wife was locked in the house, and mistreated. But Mr.Rochester explained to her that his wife had mental disorders, and that because she was dangerous, had to be kept behind the locked door. That was too much for Jane and she ran away to some of her cousins.
After her uncle died, she was suddenly very rich. But she never forgot for one moment Mr.Rochester, and she went back to find him. Now we come to the point which makes this book so remarkable and close to my heart. Jane's return to Lowtown and finding her master there was extremely moving for me. Not only that the house is described as a ruin with only few wings left indecent condition, but Mr.Rochester was blind. She learned that it was the consequence which was set by Grace Pool, his mad wife, set the house on fire, and lost her life on that occasion. Mr. Rochester who tried to save her, remained blind. Nevertheless she wanted to stay by his side and live with him forever and ever. What is wonderful about this book, and makes it a real happy end, is that Mr.Rochester was cured and when they had children, he could see them.
I could recommend that book to everyone who likes romantic, exciting books with like a touch of mystery and adventure. But this is also a book with deeper messages about life, such as love and forgiving, sorrow and cruelty and misfortune. The message is that the good and love had triumphs in the end.


I also found out that there is a movie of Jane Eyre, and here is the trailer:

1 comment:

  1. I heard about this book and my mom promised me to buy me that book to read it. I love that you included a video!

    ReplyDelete