Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Živeti Slobodno

Ziveti Slobodno
Nick Vujicic
Number of pages: 240

The book that I've been reading beside the books that we are assigned to read is Ziveti Slobodno by Nick Vujicic. Many of you have probably heard for nick Vujicic. He is the famous Australian/Serbian man who travels though out the world and proves people that everyone could be happy, and he tries to learn them to stay positive. I read 90 pages of the book so far, and I really like it. This is book on Serbian, but of course, there is translation on many other languages such as English.
This book, Nick wrote on his own, it's an autobiography. He is a man without legs or hands. Actually he has a small left foot, which is often called 'chicken foot' because it looks like it.
He describes his early childhood, which was not easy. He was bullied by almost all kids from his school, but he was always trying to stay positive. He was always wondering: ''How am I gonna find a wife, if I can't give her a ring?'' Sometimes he fell in depression, and one day he decided to kill him self by jumping of a chair and breaking his neck. His mum saw it and luckily, stopped that tragedy. Further, he talks about his family, and his beautiful sister.
It was really hard for me to find unknown words, because this book is on Serbian, and I know many words on my mother tongue language, but still I found one:
Najzad. (English translation is ''finally, at least)

I've heard for this word but i was never sure what does it mean. Sentence:'' Kad su, najzad, stigli u bolnicu i pripremili sve za operaciju, ispostaviolo se da su sve sale zauzete.''(Vujicic 73)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I really liked your blog post Andrea. This book can teach us so many things about life. Nick Vujicic is an idol to so many people around the world. I also love the word you had, it's one of my favorite words in Serbian.

    ReplyDelete