Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Teens With the Courage to Give


 


 Author- Jackie Waldman and Steven A. Culbersten
 Title- Teens with the Courage to Give
Teens and adults alike will be inspired and moved by this most amazing book. I'm very inspired by others who rise above the challenges of life-not in a sugar coated way, but in a real, down to earth way. The endings are not always perfect, but they are always inspiring. This book brought me to tears, for the sadness of some young people's trials, but mostly for the way each of these amazing young people are changing the world with their actions. They are the light of hope. It really doesn't get much better than this. From a girl who finds herself terribly lonely after a move, to a boy who loses a limb, to a boy from a gang, to battling illness or drugs, and many more, each a different story, a different challenge, the teens in this book represent everyone. It truly is an inspiring and touching collection of stories. It touched my heart and also though me to respect what I have in life and to give back, appreciate what I given to me because not everyone has that. If you work with teens, if you are a teen, if you're related to a teen, if you were a teen: read this book. Be inspired. And then share it. I'd give it ten stars if I could. Highly recommended! Read it and you will not regret it!

2 comments:

  1. This book seems like a really cool book! It makes me think of all those wonderful people in the world that do great things, those who have the corage and show that people can do more than what they are capable of, people like, Taylor Swift (singer, who was lonly in middle and some of high school but now look where she stands), Anne Frank( who had courage during WW II), and mostly I think of Bethany Hammultin (a sufur who has lost an arm, showed that everyone can do anything!). I really liked your blog post, that books that you read really make me think. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like an awesome book! I think that your blogpost makes me want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete