Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Requiem #1 SONIA DO NOT READ THIS by Andrea J

My book is called Requiem, and it is written by Lauren Oliver. I have read 108/470 pages.
The setting of requiem is in New York and the Wilds in the future. Lena used to live in New York with Raven and Tack, but then they ran to the wilds again with Julian. This story is a dystopian novel about U.S.A in the future where no love exists. Love does not exist because the leaders think that love is unnecessary and society would be better without it. The people live in normal houses and cities like now, but in the future the procedure (aka surgery) for Amor Deliria Nervosa (aka love) exists.
"In my desk I find one of the few things I bothered to unpack: AfterCure, the thick manual  was given after my procedure,which, according to the instruction, "contains the answers to the most common-and uncommon!-questions about the procedure and its aftereffects." (Oliver 83)

No comments:

Post a Comment