Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Outsiders

Name: Sooyoung Byun
Grade: 7A
Date: December, 1st 2012
Title: The Outsiders
Author: S. E. Hinton
Pages: 180



Currently I am reading a book called "The Outsiders" and till now I have read till chapter 3. Until chapter 1, I thought it is not a bad book, but I won't find it interesting. I also thought that the book seems a bit boring since there are only teenage boys and gangsters in it. But then when I got introduced to Cherry and Marcia, I thought this book would not be so bad at all. My favorite part of the book was when Ponyboy, Dally, and Johnny meet Cherry and Marcia at the cinema. Rather than chapter two, I think most girls in my class and my age would like chapter 2 better than chapter 1. I liked the part when Cherry stands up to Dally and Johnny and Ponyboy takes Cherry's side so Dally can't do anything about it. I would recommend this to people who are interested in historical fiction books and people that are interested in the 60's. I think a person in our grade that would probably be interested in this book would be Ivan Cukanic because he is very interested in the 60's. :)

-sooyoungbyun7a










 

1 comment:

  1. I really liked chapter two to! I also like the part when Cherry stands up to Dallas!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete