Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Outsiders

Name of book: The Outsiders
Author: S.E Hinton
Number of pages: 180

This week I read chapters 2 and 3 of "The Outsiders" written by S.E Hinton. So far, it seems like a very interesting book because the author catches the point of view of Ponyboy perfectly and makes it seem like I am reading the thoughts and adventures of real people. Also, I really like that the author describes each of the characters with a lot of detail so the reader can fully understand the characters personality. All of the "greasers" in the gang have very different personalities from each other. This week I read about Ponyboy's, Johnny's, Two-bits and Dally's trip to a drive-in theater. There, they met Cherry and Marcia, who were two "Soc" girls. After they talked to the two girls they found out that not all "Socs" were mean and not all of them hated the "greasers". I also read about Darry's anger when Ponyboy came home very late. Darry slapped Ponyboy after which Ponyboy decided to run away from his home with Johnny. My favorite part of "The Outsiders" so far was when Ponyboy and Johnny decide to run away from the gang, because I think that this was the most exciting part of the story and it made me want to read more! I would recommend this book to middle schoolers because it has some violent parts and words that younger kids might not understand. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Very good summary. It included your opinion on the book so far and a recommendation. The only thing I would improve is more detail as to what happened in the chapters 2 and 3 :)! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the summary of the book. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summary, just add a bit more dtail and it would beee Amazing!! Also great that u recommended and gave your opinion.

    ReplyDelete