Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fast and Slow #1

Right now for my current reading I am reading Daniel Kahneman's Thinking fast and slow. I have just started the book and am on page 23/418. This book describes the activities of the mind and system one and system two.System one is instinctive thinking while system two is controlled thinking. An example of system one is 2+2. No matter what you automatically known the answer while an example of system two is 13 * 123. You experience controlled thinking. I was inspired to read this book from my parents as I am very interested in psychology and science. An odd word I found was orient (Orient to the source of a sudden sound pg. 21). Orient means to direct or position toward a particular object.

1 comment:

  1. Does the book, focus on just how the brain works?

    ReplyDelete