Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Peeps

Peeps
By Scott Westerfeld
Pg 307
read 90/307


The book that I am reading this week is called Peeps. This book is about a guy named cal in modern day day New York. It is a really good science fiction distopia book. I found this book when I went to the library and asked Mr Vlad f he had any good science fiction book that I would like to read and they he showed me Peeps. an unknown word in the book that I didn't know was trematodes. I didn't know what it was when I first saw the word but the explained what it is in the book. It is a parasite. A sentence that has the word trematodes is, "The Trematodes lay eggs in the snails eye causing it to have a ginormous craving for food" That is what trematodes actually do. They nest in a snails left eye and they cause it to have a craving for food and when the trematodes are done with the snail they cause it's left eye to be brightly colored so a bird eats it and the trematodes and then the bird poops the trematodes out in a pond and they start the whole cycle over again. 

2 comments:

  1. What;s the book about in general? I're read Scott Westerfeld before, unfortunately not the peeps. Though I hope to read it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems fascinating. Can you please let me know when you are done? Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete