Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Gathering Blue #4


The book I read for the third quarter is called "Gathering Blue", written by Lois Lowry and this is the second book of "The Giver Quartet". This book has 241 pages and I finished it. 

**Some things in this blog posts are things that I have mentioned in my previous blog post**

When I read this book half way through, I thought that it was pretty interesting but also a little bit boring until the climax came up; and it was pretty shocking because my prediction was that Jonas and Gabe from The Giver would meet the main character but my prediction was incorrect. 

An event that let us to the climax is when Matt, a little boy who is friends with the main character, Kira found out that she needed the color blue for "The Singer's Robe", he searched for it and came across a community where people were 'broken' but the people were peaceful, friendly, and nice; compared to the people in Matt and Kira's village. 

Matt brought two gifts for Kira. A big present and a small present. The small present was the plant, for the blue and the other present came later. It was a man named Christopher, which was actually Kira's dad. This is the climax of the book. 

"I brung you a giftie," Lowry 186 (Matt)


"They was horrid surprised to see me come. But they give me plenty of food. Branchie too." Lowry 188 (Matt) 

(Branchie is Matt's dog)


"It be the small giftie. But the big one be coming soon," Lowry 189 (Matt)


"Kira...I'm your father." Lowry 198 (Christopher) 

I was actually pretty surprised of the climax because I did not expect something like this to happen at all; since the book says that both of her parents are GONE (Kira's mother died and her dad was taken by 'Beasts' so I assumed that both of them were dead). Another thing that was part of the climax is when Kira found out that her defender, Jamison was the one who tried to kill her father, but he did not die... 

"Jamison is the one who tried to kill me." Lowry 208 (Christopher)

No comments:

Post a Comment