Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Child Called "It"

Author: Dave Pelzer

Number: 23/174


A Child Called "It" is about a small boy that has to do all his work so his mom wouldn't beat him up. Also, if he does all the work he is required to do, he gets to eat a little bit. This book is realistic, but it is very sad already from the beginning, because a fifth grader is having a really hard time with his mother, that is requiring a lot from him. I understood how he felt, but i could never imagine my parents, or my friends parents acting like his. I selected this text because I wanted to see how bad a family could be, and that I should be happy with my parents, and so should all the other people in this school, or anywhere else. 

"Mom was an absolute clean fiend." (Pelzer 19). 
Fiend - evil spirit, devil.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment