Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Steve Jobs #1

IsaacsonFor my non fiction book that I wished to read I had to make a very difficult decision. Which biography to choose, Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates. I ended up choosing to read the bibliography of Steve Jobs, as Bill gates isn't dead yet. So I began the long journey of reading this 598 page book by Walter . So far I have read 40 pages as I only started reading today, but it is quite interesting. So far, it has been about his parents, and in general his childhood (Did you know he set an explosive off as a prank under his teachers chair?). In these 40 pages that I have read so far here was a single word I didn't know germanium. After a bit of research I found out that germanium is in fact an element on the periodic table of elements with an atomic number of 32. It is hard, solid, and gray. It was also named after the country Germany. This word was used in the sentence, "He was going to produce wires in germanium because it was cheaper than silicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment