Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THE ART OF NOON-CONFORMITY

The book I'm reading is called, The Art of Non-Conformity, by Chris Guillebeau. so far I've read 20 pages.

So far, throughout the 20 pages that I've read, I've been able to figure out that the author, Chris Guillebeau, is trying to convince people that they can have a better life by saying that you should "set your own rules" "live the life you want" and "change the world". through out the book hes been saying that the "night walkers" in life are the people who act as their friends expect them to and are don't want to be different. what Chris is wanting people to think about is being yourself. he says that being different isn't bad and how it can help you differ from others and live the life you wish to, not what other people want from you.

One word that i had no idea what it mean was "connoisseurs" "I found a good deal for Jamaican coffee-I could sell it for $17 to connoisseurs in the Untied States-so I started receiving 50-pound sacks of beans at my apartment every week(Guillebeau 12). the word means: "a person who is especially competent to pass critical judgments in an artparticularly one of the fine arts, or in matters of taste" (dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/connoisseurs?s=t )



No comments:

Post a Comment