Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Edith's story by Edith Velmans: The true story of a young girl's courage and survival during world war II

Edith's story is by Edith Velmans, it is an autobiography but was written by Edith when she was much older. I have read 36/238 pages.

So far the story is about the Germans invading the Netherlands. In the beginning it is about her life before the war and I am up to the part where Germany invaded the Netherlands. Edith talks about some interesting things that happened but does not say what happened everyday. Knowing somethings about wars and the Nazis the book seems realistic. I chose this text because I wanted to read some diary on World War II and this is what I found. So far it is interesting.  


"Yesterday was the Day of Atonement"(Velmans 35)
Day of Atonement = a day when you try to make good for the bad things you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment