Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Last Lecture 2

The Last Lecture
Randy Pausch
112/206

I am reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch as a non fiction book for Quarter 2 book report. I am so glad that I chose this book to read because I find it as a great inspiration that teaches you so much about life.

Randy Pausch is a professor who is asked to give The Last Lecture just like lots of other professors. But he is special, because this is his last lecture. He is declared a terminal cancer where he has only months to live left. He gave this lecture for his young three children to teach them after he has passed away. He focuses on how to achieve your childhood dreams along with some of his stories and experiences.

One word I didn't know which I looked up was "delegate" it means to send or appoint a person as representative: Delegate. As a professor, I learned early on that I could trust bright, nineteen-year-old students with the keys to my kingdom, and most of the time, they were responsible and impressive. It's never too early to delegate. (p. 110)


Randy Pausch gives the last lecture again on the show. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your book selection and your post, you explained the plotting well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really described what happened in the book so far. Sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete