Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Black Beauty

 Black Beauty


By Anna Sewell

This week I read 20 pages out of 262. This week I am reading a book called Black Beauty. I read so far that the book is about a young colt that grows up with his mother and his nice and respectful trainer in a barn. When the colt is grown up they learn him how to put on the saddle,a bridle, a collar, a crupper, a breaching, a halter, a headstall, a bit and the iron shoes and his owner started to ride on his back. Blacky felt weird and un normal at first but then he got used to it. A while after a new owner bought blacky and had to say goodbye to his owner. When he came to the new place in birtwick park he got in his new place, a new barn. When he got in his new barn he liked it because he was loose, had an airy room and had a companion called  merrylegs which people say that he bites and/or kick. A word that I have noticed that I don't understand and it is new for me is  the word halter which means"A rope or Canvas headgear for a horse, usually for leading". I got the meaning from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/halter

No comments:

Post a Comment