Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Angus, thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging...

Louise Rennison

97/247

Yes... I know that the title is weird and unexpected but the book is actually really good. Its about this
girl who thinks she is absolutely very ugly and thinks she will never get a life. She has a cat, Angus. A sister which is very annoying and a "best friend" which only ever talks about her boyfriend. I chose this book because it seemed funny when i read the back:

There are
SIX THINGS
very wrong with my life:

(1)
I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head in a red way for the next two years.

(2)
It is on my nose.

(3)
I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

(4) 
In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

(5) 
I am very ugly and need to go to an ugly home.

(6)
I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.

The stuffed olive i figured was most funny. That was why i chose to read the book. But that's not the most funniest thing in the book. It has gotten better. 

So far the girl has gotten one boyfriend. Her life has been ruined and her sister is still annoying. She likes her sister though. She likes it when her sister goes in her room at night when she is scared. 

This book is a diary. It makes you feel like she is talking to you. I really do like this book. And i still haven't gotten to the best part.  

HN

1 comment:

  1. LOL I watched the movie although i haven't read the book! i want to read it now, didn't know it was a book

    ReplyDelete