Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Insurgent

Hi everyone, 
Currently I am reading "Insurgent", the second book in the "Divergent series by Veronica Roth. Before I tell you a little bit about the book, I would just like to mention that I have read "Divergent"the first book in the series as most of you probably know yesterday, and  would just like to recommend it to everyone who has not read it for some odd and unknown reason because, for me, it is very interesting with descriptive characters and a plot line that will make you want to read it all day without stopping. However, let's get back to the novel of which I have read 16 pg. Beatrice Prior, the protagonist of the novels, because of choices she made in the previous book she now has to suffer the consequences. As said in the book "One choice can transform you"and that's exactly what it's doing. Also it can destroy her, after the big war between the Erudite( the intelligent faction) and Abnegation ( the selfless faction) "balance"is ruined. Nothing is what it once was. In the first book we are introduced with the idea of people in  Dystopian Chicago  being divided into different factions according to their aptitude tests, but now she does not know what she is and where she belongs to. At least before, she was Divergent, meaning she could belong in any of the three factions, Abnegation, Erudite and Dauntless, and now she is "Factionless" and will probably never be peaceful again. The reason I started reading the series is because I got many recommendations from many of my peers, and also I saw how popular it is, with movies coming out and a small 3 part trilogy told from the perspective of Tobias Eaton, another one of very exceptional characters. Finally, I look forward to reading this wonderful novel and to hopefully be posting some more blog posts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment