Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Long Walk to Freedom

Author: Nelson Mandela
#of pages:13 /625

Currently, I have just started reading the book Long Walk To Freedom by Nelson Mandela. I actually found this book on a weekly library trip trying find two to three interesting books for the week and weekend. I felt that I've been reading a lot of fiction and fantasy lately so I decided to read an interesting autobiography on one of my heroes. So far I haven't read much but already I know that this book is about Nelson Mandela's life, his struggles, and achievements. From what I've read he explains about his family background and his childhood. He was born on July 18th, 1918 in Mvezo, a tiny village on the banks of the Mbashe River. His real name given by his father was Rolihlahla, which means typically, trouble maker. This book shows an insight to Nelson Mandela's early childhood in Africa and the way he lived, understood the "whites" and his stubbornness and determination that was passed down from his father. All that in the first thirteen pages. Wow. As I've only read thirteen pages, there is not much yet to discuss of this already fascinating book. Hope you enjoyed, or not.  

3 comments:

  1. Very good blog post. I like how you wrote about Nelon Mandela's life a little bit... Just some main points... Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ashley!
    I am interested in reading the book myself now that you gave me a little sneak peek and the finishing sentence is pleasant to my ears for some reason. Loved the post. Great :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ashley,
    A very interesting choice that you made! I am glad that people are not forgetting about non-fiction, and how it is actually as important or even more important as non-fiction. I am sure it will be a good read!
    Sincerely,
    Nikola Lalic

    ReplyDelete