Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2014

"The Fault in Our Stars" By John Green

The Fault in Our Stars

John Green

55/313 # of pages

Hey!
So currently I am reading a book called "The Fault in Our Stars" By John Green which I am sure some of you already read. So I chose this book because I watched the movie this summer and I really enjoyed it. I also already read a little of it about a year ago and I thought why not start over and read the whole thing. I also heard many good comments about it from my classmates.

So far, the book's main point or the book is about this girl named Hazel Grace Lancaster who has thyroid cancer which is in her lungs and she carries this oxygen tank to help her breath. Her mother decided that she is being very antisocial and that she needs to do something. Hazel is depressed and also keeps on telling herself that depression is a side effect to death and that she wants to die but she knows her parents will be really sad after that and that the only thing worse than having cancer is having a child that gets cancer.

Hazel's parents tell her to go to this cancer support group which is run by a middle aged cancer survivor named Patrick. In that support group she meets a boy named Augustus Water who stares at her and flirts. He invites her to watch a movie at his place which made her feel very special. Hazel seems to have fallen in love with him and she thinks about him very frequently. Augustus also had cancer once and he feels her pain. They borrow each other's books and the last page I read was about Hazel just about to come to Augustus's house. I really hope that everything goes well for them!


Pic link: http://blog.book-fair.com/files/2012/09/398973_260020820785944_2015410169_n-200x300.jpg


Pic link: http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n78/n390558.jpg

Shelly

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this book so much! I really hope you enjoy as much as I do. I love your summary of the first few pages, and its quite entertaining.
    (By the way the book IS SO MUCH BETTER than the movie. )

    ReplyDelete