Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

"UNFINISHED TALES OF NUMENOR AND MIDDLE-EARTH"

Author: J.R.R Tolkien (Revised by Christopher Tolkien)
# of Pages: (Reading what I am interested in)

Hello dear blog readers! I decided to take a brief pause from the world of non-fiction, and so I have stepped into the world of Middle-Earth. As a incredible author, he has charmed me, and so I picked up a book about unfinished tales of Middle-Earth, to find out more about his amazing world. Many things are now clearer to me, and I think this was a great choice.

The main idea of the book is simple, to provide the reader with a more thorough knowledge of Middle-Earth. As the title of this book even suggests, it is about unfinished or un-clear tales of Middle-Earth. Their are a few separate stories, and each of them talk about a seperate time in the history of Middle-Earth. In order to fully understand this book, you would need to watch or read at least one of Tolkien's works. Some of them include: "The LOTR series", "The Hobbit" and "The Silmarillion". What the book aims to do is to answer as many unfinished questions that the reader has about any of these stories. The great thing about this book is that it goes into very big detail, improving the readers knowledge even more.

So far I have read what has interested me. As you might know, their were four ages of history in the fictional Middle-Earth. Since I know a lot about the Third age and "The Hobbit", along with "The LOTR series", I have been reading some more earlier history of Middle-Earth. I do this because I am not very informed about this age, so I would like to learn as much as possible. I have been reading about the island of Numenor, The  ancient realm of Arnor, and others. More specifically, I have so far read about the downfall of Numenor, and the fall of the Ancient realm of Arnor.

So far, my impressions are great. I can honestly recommend this book to anybody who has read one of Tolkien;s many works. I think that it is incredible how a man can think of such a world, with such detail, which is amazing. If you look at it more closely, the history and the characters of Tolkiens works represent us, humans, and how we came to be, and what we are doing. It is safe to say that a great amount of thinking was put into his works, and this piece adds to the magic. If you are wondering, Christopher Tolkien is the authors son, and he had been gathering many notes from his father. After gathering them all, he made this book, so it is something like a dictionary, but written in a story format. In general, I am very happy with the book so far, and I would recommend it to anyone who has read any of his works. NL


No comments:

Post a Comment