Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Maniac Magee

The book I am reading is Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli. It is one of my favorite books of all time, for a few odd reasons.

Maniac Magee doesn't exactly have a plot. It's about a sleepy town, in a 1960's-ish era, so the town is divided into East End and West End. Why doesn't it have a plot? Maniac Magee is just about, well, life. It's a set of stories, all threaded together to create this book. It makes you feel at home, as if you've lived in the town all your years. It's topics can go from the blatant racism in 1960's America to a simple family dinner. I chose to read Maniac Magee  for two reasons--the first reason is that I haven't read it for quite a while and the second reason is that it's one of my favorite books (as stated before).  Maniac Magee is 184 pages long, and I have finished it.



No comments:

Post a Comment