Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

What Am I Reading?

Hello Everyone,
Unfortunately I haven't started reading any book yet, but I did read a lot of articles about global warming since I needed it for science. While reading so many articles, two really caught my attention.The two articles were very different. There was one that states the facts that prove that global warming is real, and the other one stating that global warming is nothing but a lie. Through the process of reading, I also learned something new. I learned that global warming, also known as climate change, is an increase of temperature of the earth's atmosphere followed by the greenhouse effect, and is caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide and air pollution. I also learned that many people have different opinions and claim they have proof of existence of global warming, but then there are also people who claim they have proof for non existence of global warming. Here's an example: In the article that states global warming is real there is an information about melting ice and glaciers disappearing almost everywhere around the world, but then on the other hand: In the article which states global warming is nothing but a lie, there's an information about glaciers not melting away at all, in fact it says they're increasing in size. It is also mentioned that there isn't any extreme events like acid rainfalls happening, unlike in the other article which states the complete opposite.The article with proofs of non existence also states that the carbon dioxide levels have been overstated, and that not ever there has been a man made global warming in the past and there shouldn't be any fear for it to happen in the future. According to the article, there is no proof of existence of global warming that is actually true...but then how do we know that the proof of non existence of global warming is true? This is a really complicated issue that has been discussed and debated many times, over and over, but people still claim different things and that's completely okay. The thing is, we still don't know if there is global warming right now or not. I personally think that global warming might be happening, but it also just may be a temporary change that will not last much longer. Due to my not-so-great knowledge about this, I'm not the one who should judge either of these opinions. The question is, what do you believe in? Is global warming real, or is it fake? This was such an interesting topic to read about! I'm glad I know more about this now, and I look forward to read more about it in the future...maybe even a book about global warming for the new book report assignment (since it's non fiction). Thank you for reading! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment