Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Born At Midnight-By C.C. Hunter

Born At Midnight

By C. C. Hunter

Pages read: 131



For my 3rd quarter book report, I am reading a fantasy novel called "Born At Midnight" by C. C. Hunter. These are the types of books that I usually am not interested in, but I gave it a go. The novel, so far, is about a girl named Kylie, who thinks after turning the age eighteen, she doesn't feel like herself anymore. At the beginning, the author describes how her life currently is and how it is falling apart, one by one. She is sent by her mom to a summer camp in Fallen, Texas, for "troubled" teens. Or, at least what she thought it should be. The camp's name is Shadow Falls and she gets to meet people who aren't necessarily human. Turns out, the camp is actually about werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, witches, and fairies, who train side by side, learning to harness their powers, control their magic, and live in the normal world.

 An unknown word I came across while reading was the word nonchalant which I later on learnt meant to be unconcerned, indifferent, or unrelaxed, or being casual; His nonchalant manner infuriated me.
Found on page 42.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog post Nikita! This book sounds really cool! I like the fact that it starts out a normal story and then it seems to get really exciting! I don't normally like books with vampires and werewolves but this book sounds really interesting and fun to read! Once more great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog post! You explained everything that you red and the post is very clean. I like these kinds of books so I will read that book during the summer break!! The book reminds me about many other stories and films that I have watched.
    Just one thing: I think that you forgot to write your unknown word! However, the blog post is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabriela!

      I am glad you enjoyed reading my blog-posts! Thanks for reminding me for writing down my unknown word. I forgot!

      Delete