Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Hunger Games: Katniss Everdeen

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Number of pages: 91 read out of 454




The main character of my novel is Katniss Everdeen. She is a honest, brave, caring, sensitive but also a scared girl. The book is written in Katniss's point of view, so everytime she describes her situation, she sounds honest. She is brave and caring because she stood up for her sister Prim as a tribute of District 12 for the Hunger Games. Since the Hunger Games is a game where you either kill or get killed, she was brave to volunteer as a tribute but also she was caring to volunteer so her sister will stay alive. In my opinion I think there is a side to Katniss when she is not sensitive at all and another side where she is sensitive inside. Also because the book is written in her point of view, she explains how she doesnt trust Peeta very much, how she worries about Prim and her mother and how she thinks she does not have the best skills as a hunter to hunt down people. She is definitly scared especially because Peeta and her "coach" for the Hunger Games is drunk all the time and does not explain the important things to them, such as how to survive in the arena.

"All the pieces are still fitting together, but I sense he has a plan forming. He hasn't accepted his death. He is already fighting hard to stay alive. Which also means that kind Peeta Melmark, the boy who game me the bread, is fighting hard to kill me." pg. 73

This is an example of Katniss being sensitive and scared. She does not know if she should trust Peeta or if she should just count him as another animal to hunt. She is also scared that if she trusts Peeta, he will come to hunt her down. I think this book will be more and more different than the movie the more I read the book.

-sooyoungbyun7a








 

1 comment:

  1. I like the details that you put in your blog post. I really enjoyed it and I would like to read the book. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete