Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Eternal

Name of a book: Eternal
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
Number of pages: 307

Hello everyone! I really hope you liked my previous post, and that you're going to like this one also. 
Since my book is about vampires, my main character needs to be a little bit scary.
The main character in this book is a teenage girl Miranda. She is 17 years old. 
I think she is very special, and she knows some special things that other teenagers do not know. She has her guardian angel, that always keeps his eye on her, but unfortunately, she doesn't know that her guardian angel actually exist. 
She is really weird person, and she has her only best friend, Lucy. Miranda believes her, and she is always trying to be loyal. She doesn't have father, and her childhood was messed up, and Lucy was the only one that accept her as a friend, as a best friend. 
When she becomes vampire, Lucy is not by her side anymore. She doesn't have her best friend anymore. Bu she's being brace, and accepting all 'vampire rules' and she's trying to stick with them. 
I think she is not a give-upper and she is giving all effort that she has into some important things. 
Imagine you living normal exciting teenage life, and next morning waking up as a vampire with some scary guy next to you. She is trying to stay positive, but sometimes she's really dramatic and Lucy used to call her 'Drama Queen'.
And the most importantly, she is not afraid to show herself. She is always 100% of her, 100% of her personality. Honest, carrying and sensitive. Three words that pop up on my mind when I think of a girl called Miranda. :)

I found one really good example in a book on page 40.
''I try to do it. It's hard to form word. It hurts. Can't... But I need to.'' This proves how Miranda was brave after all scary things that happened to her.
Another example from page 40.
'' Lucy!!! My eyes open, and i struggle to sit. Where's my Lucy?'' This proves how connected she was with her best friend, she could hardly live normal live without her other half, her best friend, her Lucy. 

5 comments:

  1. Andrea why do you have to write on every your post hello everyone i hope you liked my previous post?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea why do you have to write on every your post hello everyone i hope you liked my previous post?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea this is great! I see that you put a lot of effort it writing this. I really like the detail you put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it Andrea! I do not really like the subject of the book, "vampires" but I think this is a great blog post although there were some spelling mistakes. I see you put a lot of effort in this because some other people do not write so much which makes is not so interesting, some people write too much which is a bit hard to read but yours was the perfect length and I really liked the way you followed the questions Ms. S gave us. Great work Andrea, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Andrea!

    In my opinion, I think you did an excellent job, because of all the description you put in this blogpost, and also the words you used, were very advanced and good. The only thing which I would change if I were you I would write it in a different structure, but this one's as good. Good job! and keep up the good work! <3

    ReplyDelete