Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Midnight Mayor

The Midnight Mayor
By Kate Griffin

This book has 410 pages
The main character in this book is Matthew Swift. He is a detective has blue eyes, blond hair and special powers. He solves mysteries and talks about his life. Right now in the book he is trying to find out who killed the midnight mayor. Here is a example of how he is tslking about himself:
Pain, no room for anything else. Just pain. Time went by. Dont know how much. Watch fused to wrist; burnt. No clocks. Mobile phones somewhere in my bag, but my bag wasn't on my shoulder. Wasn't near at hand. I raised my head. Drying blood crackled like velcro. I saw my feet. They were wearing someone else's shoes. Took me a minute to remember why. Page 3 (the beggining of the story.)

Velcro means something like fastened, joined or fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment