Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Malice by Chris Wooding. Genre Action/Horror

This week I read an amazing book called Malice. I found it in the school library during Halloween. I thought it looked like a great book because it was half comic half story. It is roughly four hundred pages long. It's main characters are Seth, Luke, Heather, Katy and Tatjana. This book is about an unknown world that kids who say the right words and put together the right things will be transported to. The kids need to say "Tall Jake Take me Away six times while burning certain things. After that they will be taken away into an unknown world where they need to learn to survive or die. There are all kinds of creatures in this world that can eat you or kill you in all kinds of different inventive ways. Some just rip you apart whilst others suck the life out of you. This story is about a boy called Seth. his friend Luke goes missing and secretly he knows he has gone to Malice. He dies as Seth can see in one of the comics (Malice is a comic book created based on the real thing). To stop Malice from killing anyone else he decides to go their himself and try and destroy Tall Jake. He meets another boy called Jacob who helps him along the way. I will not give away the rest because you need to read it but I would recommend it to people who like horror stories that are a bit of a mystery. Thanks for reading,

2 comments:

  1. This blog post is really interesting Alfie! The book sounds nice :)
    Also, I think you did a good job summarizing it!

    (this is Mira, it's my new profile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems really interesting! I thought really did a really good blogpost!

    ReplyDelete