Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011


Title: Party Shoes
Author:  Noel Streatfield
Genre:  Fiction

As I keep reading more and more of this book, I feel as if I am getting closer to the characters it feels like I am part of the book.  From what I read this week I learned mostly about Phoebe which is Selina younger cousin. Phoebe was the only one who refused to get help from Philip. But as time goes on she realizes that all the other parts are much better then hers.  She tries to make it better on her own but she just can’t. She gets so upset she just could not hold it in. She bursts out crying and her dad talks some sense to her.  He has Selina set up a meeting for Phoebe and Philip.  At first Phoebe acts as if she does not like the changes Philip suggests to her part which is pretty much everything but inside she loves it.  In the end she goes through with it.  I think she agreed because it was as extravagant as the other scenes.  Now it involves a lot of people and she has the biggest part out of all of them as May Queen. But one problem is all of the costumes they have to make now.   A ton of outfits are needed for Phoebe’s scene and the other new scenes Philip has added to make the pageant longer.  Thank goodness the kid’s mom gets help from the Abbey to organize ladies from the village to make some of the many outfits for the play. 


No comments:

Post a Comment