Search This Blog

Sunday, February 8, 2015

BLOG POST 2


Page 245 of 374



BLOG POST 2
LEARN TO SWIM

Hey guys its Sarah and I am at my second blog post. In this blog post I have to describe the setting and the conflict of my book, Learn to swim.
So, let’s start talking with the setting. The story is narrated in present days, beginning on a ferry in the middle of Lake Champlain in Burlington, during a cold, foggy and windy day. Then it continues in the house of our heroin always in Burlington that she shares with other 4-5 boys after a while more in depth in the book she is going to go to Canada to meet the child parents.

There are many conflicts in the book, the main one is Man vs. man so who throw the child out of the ferry, Troy at first thinks it might be the father of Paul, however after meet him she change her mind. Then there is a lot of “man vs. self” especially from the main character. The one I’ve meet were: should I bring the child to the police or for his safe should I keep with me and eventually do some research to find out more then decide? Should I go with Paul with the risk of getting sad when I’ll need to leave or should I keep going with my life like if anything had happened? Is it ok to fall in love with the child’s father or it is no ok?   

No comments:

Post a Comment