Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Lightning Thief

For my book report I chose to read “The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan (Thanks Ashley). Currently I’m on the 100th page (around). So the protagonist of the novel is obviously Percy Jackson; a twelve year old boy, who just found out he’s a half blood (person related to a Greek God). He went to the Yancy Academy where he met his best friend Grover. Even Greek Gods had their enemies. I still don’t know who the main antagonist in this book is, but I’m guessing it’s another God (supernatural vs supernatural). For now I only noticed some monsters, for example a creature that was chasing Grover, Percy and his mother when they were going up a hill to get to Camp half blood. Percy characterized himself with bravery, intelligence and with difference. He caused a lot of trouble in every school he ever went to, but his mother wouldn't mind much. She knew he was different. One of the creatures Percy had seen was Mrs. Dodds; his pre-algebra teacher in Yancy Academy. Percy mentioned “I thought about Mrs. Dodds and the moment when she’d changed into the thing with pointed teeth and leathery wings. My limbs went numb from delayed shock. She really hadn't been human. She’d meant to kill me.” (p.47)

1 comment:

  1. This was a very good blog post Yoon-ji. You were very descriptive and written it so that I am really persuaded to read the Percy Jackson series now. Great Job!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete