Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Divergent - Veronica Roth

Pages: 487/487
Author - Veronica Roth
As I mentioned in my previous post, I finished my book already. Tris as the main character has to overcome many obstacles along the way to get to what she wants, and even in the first book of the series, she doesn't fully achieve her goal.
The first obstacle she has to overcome is choosing which faction to go to after her aptitude test. Tris is Divergent, meaning she got more than one result on the test. In the end, Tris chooses to go to Dauntless, which means she needs to leave her family, which is a challenge for her. Caleb, Tris' older brother also leaves Abnegation (which is were their family is), so this means that only their parents will be left in the house, which also comes hard for Tris.
The second challenge Tris had to face was getting used to being in the Dauntless compound and getting used to the Dauntless way of doing things. Tris had to go through initiation, and she was the first in her group after training. Tris had to do fear landscapes, which are simulations of your fear that you have to face.
The last  obstacle was deactivating the simulation that Jeanine Matthews injected into the Dauntless to fight for Erudite. Tris first had to get to the erudite compound, and then had to get through to Tobias and get him out of the simulation. Tris threw a knife into Jeanine's hand and told her to deactivate the serum, but Jeanine didn't listen. Tobias then had to inject Jeanine with a serum in order for her to follow Tris' commands. In the end, Tris deactivated the simulation.

This book is one of the best I've read, and I suggest people of all ages should read it (if they can)! :)
-Jana 

3 comments:

  1. I love this book as well! I totally agree with every word. I really like this blog post. Its interesting because I didn't really notice some things in the book, but after I read this I understood something better. :) Keep up the good work!

    HN

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds really cool. Nice post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent is amazing! I have read most of the series and I think they are really entertaining. I really enjoyed reading your post. :))))))))

    ReplyDelete