Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I have finished reading my book report book, Delirium by Lauren Oliver.


The main character, Lena, faces many obstacles during the book. I, however, will highlight just three of them.

The first one is her society. In her society she is expected to follow the strict rules that are set for all the citizens. In her society she is expected to be totally okay with having a cure to get rid of any feeling of love. When Lena discovers the feeling of love, she knows that her society wouldn't accept it or her if they found out,

The second of Lena's obstacles is the government. The government is the one that administers the cure for love. Without the government, Lena wouldn't even have to go through with the procedure in the first place. They are the ones that provide doctors to do the job and ensure that every single teenager is cured and if not, killed.

Lena's third obstacle is her family. Her family consists of her aunt, her uncle and her two cousins. (Lena lives with her aunt, uncle and cousins, because her mother apparently died.) Her family do not share her opinions on the truth of their society ( that actually love is not a killing epidemic ) and therefore prevent her from going out after curfew and seeing Alex, This stops her from seeing Alex and means that it limits the time she has with Alex before she's cured even more.

I really enjoyed this book and would thoroughly recommend it.

GD

2 comments:

  1. Gwendy! I think that you did a very nice job in Phrasing what you said in your blog post, and it is quite spot on when you look at the requirements. I think I'm really gonna like your book and I'm interested in what you do in the future with this! Cosmo ;)

    (Apparently :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwendy! I think that you did a very nice job in Phrasing what you said in your blog post, and it is quite spot on when you look at the requirements. I think I'm really gonna like your book and I'm interested in what you do in the future with this! Cosmo ;)

    (Apparently :D)

    ReplyDelete