Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

House of Hades - Cosmo 7B

Hello all! Today I shall write another blog post to the assignment; what are three obtacles that my main character in this book faces that I am currently reading. The book is entitled House of Hades, by Rick Riordan, author of the illustrious Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and I chose this book because it was science fiction, which matched the theme of the book report! Anyways, here are the three obstacles! (I actually finished the book already, which had 637 pages)

Obstacle 1
Gaia is constantly sending our forces and deploying new troops to terrorize the mortal world and eventually conquer it. She plans to wreck Olympus and everything they ever loved to create the rise to a new age where she rules once more.

Obstacle 2
Percy and Annabeth are trapped in Tartarus, a place of eternal damnation where they struggle throughout the entire book to get out of it, while being attacked by monsters every two pages of the book, and the other protagonists go through a whole struggle trying to retrieve their friends.

Obstacle 3
Because of many betrayals and enemies, the morale of the side that is chosen by the protagonists is quite low, and very moody. They barely escape to some enemies like the Nyx in Tartarus or Sciron at his cliff or even Pasiphae at the Doors of Death, with so many enemies and so much combat not everyone is happy, which decreases the output of the heroes.

So those were a few obstacles that did take place throughout the storyline of my book, I apologize for being a little undescriptive but to really enjoy this you would have to have read the story. I hope you enjoyed this blog post and have a nice day.
Cosmo ;)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your blog post, and it seriously inspired me to finish the Percy Jackson series! :D
    from gwindo

    ReplyDelete