Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Diviners

Hey everyone! It's me, Kristina. I recently read a 600 page book called "The Diviners". It was totally worth it. :D It was so much fun to read. I finished it a few weeks ago, and started it when I first got it from the library (that same week).

The Diviners is about a girl named Evie O'Neill who has a special power where she can pick up an object from someone and it will tell her something about them. One day, when she hosts a party, she summons an evil spirit of a dead man and gets in trouble for reading the secret of someone from an object of theirs'. Her mother sends her to her uncle's house in New York for punishment, so Evie pretends to dislike it but she really wants to go.

When Evie goes to New York, the evil spirit of the dead man starts to kill people, and arranges the carcass in a certain way. He does this, because when he finishes the 11 offerings he will become some sort of immortal monster. Evie then goes and tries to stop the monster with her friends and...

Wait, I can't tell you how it ends. Oops. Sorry. But next time I can describe it better. I'll talk about her friends more. :)

Thanks,

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment