Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Dead Connection-Setting


Rhianna Hart
Mrs.Pasic
English
1/17/2016
40/225


Dead Connection



I am currently reading a book called 'Dead Connection' by Charlie Price for my upcoming book report. The story is set in the past in a small cemetery called Forest Grove in Plain City, United States. Where Murray talks, apprehends, and listens to the souls of the dead. He gets plenty of advice on problems he has had at school, for example when people make fun of his name, Murray, or when they call him ugly. The most helpful dead  soul is 'Blessed Daughter' but his personal favorite is 'Dearly'.

'Blessed Daughter' died at the age of eleven because of her brain tumor. 'Dearly' died when she was twenty-five from a car crash, she flew right through the windshield and bled to death.

Plain City is a small village in Madison and Union country in the U.S state of Ohio. Until about 1800, the Ohio country was occupied by Mingo and Wyandot Indians. In 1818 Plain City was founded in by Isaac Bigelow. 






1 comment:

  1. Hey Rhianna,

    I really liked how you gave background information about the book. It seems to me that you had the same issue I had, the book didn't give you a lot of information about the setting. In my case I wrote about how the setting seemed from my opinion in order to give the reader a clear visualization, since even if the book doesn't say it in a clear sentence, there is always information about the place. Overall, good job!

    -Kiara

    ReplyDelete